The new Panaro bridge replaces the previous concrete bridge built in 1914 but damaged by the earthquake in Emilia-Romagna in 2012. After the earthquake, the dangerous damages of the bridge have forced years of alternating one-way crossings, prohibiting the traffic to heavy vehicles, until receiving the necessary funds for its replacement.
Arch bridge with reticular truss which reaches a maximum height of 13.5 meters. Built with a single span, 80 meters long and 16 meters wide, this structure varnished in Corten connects the municipalities of Bomporto and Ravarino, in Emilia-Romagna. The deck was built completely outside the river bank, in an area adjacent to the final position of the bridge. The launching
had to wait until the month of July because of the floods that the Panaro torrent could have had because of snow thawing, as it was necessary to temporarily divert the river to allow the three self-propelled carriages that transported the structure for about 500 meters away to place it in position. The deck-handling operations took only one day.